Sunday, November 4, 2012

Whirlwind!

So much has happened in the last 4 days that I don't know where to begin and don't want to bore you with all the details but my goodness, life is roaring past at such a rate.  So much going on!

We left home first thing on Thursday morning to go pick up our new home, a 38 foot Avalanche Fifth Wheel now christened "Myrt"!  We had a great send off from Carolina RV - Doug, our teacher and Daniel, our salesman.
That is my hero there in the middle!  Kirby hooked that RV up to our truck and drove it out of the lot like he had done it a 100 times!  I was/am so impressed!  Then we stopped in a large parking lot that had no people and practiced backing up.  Poor Kirby, he has such a dumb partner.  I was not much help at all.  But after a few practice runs we were back on the highway heading south. 

We drove right past our house and around Charleston to the Savannah Hwy and our new home.  Oak Plantation Campground is beautiful and I think we are going to love it there.  Anyway, Kirby again did an awesome job of backing the RV into it's little space.  Why oh why couldn't we have gotten one of those drive through slips!  Oh, well, Kirby did a great job.  But when we went to hook up the power we were about 8 inches short of connecting.  So we hooked the truck up again and repositioned just a little.  Good practice, right?

We then unloaded all we had brought with us and proceeded to have an awesome time!  I guess it was like playing house.  We loved it and I was almost giddy with all the excitement.  So much to learn and then it will be like second nature the way it was on the boat.
Isn't this a pretty spot?  Nice trees and not too crowded.  This is the view from the front.

Friday morning we had a call from our realtor - we had an offer on the house - contingent on them SEEING it in person.  They made the offer based on the pictures!  Yesterday they came to see it and we now have a signed contract!  We close escrow in just over a month so my oh my are we busy.  That is why it has taken me this long to get this posted!
This is our agent, Ken, putting up the "Under Contract" sign!  We will definitely be on-board by Christmas.  Sold in 3 days!  (Ken was our agent when we bought the house - Christie found him for us and we didn't even meet him for a long time but we knew a winner when we met him!)  Thanks, Ken for a great job!

Next step is the MAJOR GARAGE SALE!!  Coming up next Saturday.  Kirby and I love giving garage sales so it should be a lot of fun.  You should see what we have in the garage.  I have no idea where it all was as the house still looks the same.

And in case you are wondering - yes, I will continue to work for a few months.  The campground is about the same distance to my office as the house is so it should work out just fine!

Ah, life is good!

5 comments:

  1. WoW! That is incredible. How exciting. Aren't you lucky to have such a fast sale these days. Mine took years. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I cannot believe how your life has changed in such a short period of time. Thanks for sending me the address for this blog. Now I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with you and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CRAZY! So happy for you and can't wait for our teeny tiny trailer to meet Myrt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for April, this is going to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited for all of us! We can actually start making solid travel plans. Ray is right, next summer is going to be such FUN!! Love you guys. All of this going so smoothly just says it was meant to be. The gang rides again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!