Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcoming 2011

 We had a great party at the Man Cave for New Year's Eve.  The guys go around during the week and collect Christmas Trees, cut them into smaller pieces and then we burn them....with the hose very near-by.  This is a picture of me and my two neighbor girlfriends, Diane and Susan.  I am the "old lady", pretty much a generation older than they are - they keep me young and I love them!! ( Don't you just love the sign over our heads!!!??)
 I loved the way the sparks look in the picture!
 Jake, our yellow dog, was so stressed from all the fireworks and "boom-booms".  He found a nice place to lay down right next to Barkley and Barkley didn't mind at all.  Little Ozzie had to come check them out.

Christmas trees ignite at a tremendous rate.  They don't last long but the heat and the flames are amazing and so much fun.  It has become a tradition for us.  In this picture you can see Kirby and Papa Ray in their easy chairs enjoying the warmth.  Young Corey is there with his camera phone getting a good video of the fire.

2011 promises to be one of the best years yet!  I am looking forward to all the good things it will bring!  Goodbye 2010 - you were wonderful!

Click on the pictures to enlarge them and then use your browser back button to return.

1 comment:

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!