Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cherry Blossom Promise

Today after work I went to a funeral. The wind was blowing and it was really cold. I was kind of depressed because of where I had to be. Pat, a good friend from work, lost her husband this week after a difficult battle with cancer. (Pat's daughter works with us too and she was my first friend at SRC) Bob was 64 years old (just one year older than me) and last year at this time he was in perfect health - no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol - everything was good and then those bumps appeared. You just never know.

So when I arrived at the funeral home in the cold of winter, I was delighted to see the most beautiful cherry blossoms I have ever seen. OK, maybe not the most beautiful ever but they meant more to me than ever before. They were like God's promise of a brighter (and warmer) tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty darn good looking cherry blossoms. For an abundance of them, you've gotta get to D.C. in the Spring...OMG they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are suddenly in bloom all over town and glorious. I am sorry for your lose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!