
When we were getting ready to leave the boat and move to Charleston Christie knew we had no "stuff" - no furniture or things that fill a home. She was in the habit of walking the neighborhood each day and found us some treasures. Plastic patio chairs that still worked, 2 great dining room arm chairs that we still use at our desk and the best was a coffee table. We didn't have a sofa but by golly, we had a coffee table when we got here and began to set up housekeeping.
I would look and look for a new coffee table but could never find what I wanted. Recently Ethan Allen moved to Mount Pleasant and there was my coffee table. After 2 and a half years I was finally getting rid of the trash coffee table.
On Monday the new table was delivered and on Tuesday the old one went out on the street for the trash pick-up. I smiled to myself as I arrived home from work and saw it sitting there where Kirby had put it out for the trash men. It had served us well. You could put your feet on it, sit on it and you didn't have to even use a coaster. If I had liked the looks, it would have been perfect.
After dinner we gathered coats and hats to go to Casey's soccer game. We walked out the door and couldn't believe our eyes. The old wonderful but ugly table was gone. It went on to a new life. Someone had passed by and just couldn't resist that great old table sitting at the curb. We were cracking up. If only the table could talk! What an interesting life it is having!
And here is the new table.
Addendum - We know where the table went. More to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!