Sunday, March 4, 2012
Family Day
I began my day with this very good looking young man. Grandson, Brendan, joined us for breakfast. (which, I must add, Kirby prepared and it was fantastic!) Brendan is 21 years old now but it seems like it was just yesterday that I was watching him learn to walk, watching him learn to kick a soccer ball and watching him dream of nothing but soccer. Way too young he has learned that life does not always turn out the way we expect it to - but maybe that lesson at such a young age will give him a big advantage. Anyway, soccer didn't work for more reasons than you have time to listen to. And, college didn't work. So, he needed a new direction - the United States Air Force seems to be the answer. He is working with a recruiter and won't be around much longer to give me the hugs I enjoy so much.
Later in the day, Christie (Brendan's mother) and I headed out for some much needed "Girl Time". We shopped and played. Finding these carnival masks was a real bonus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!