I have ALWAYS wanted to make these porcupine meatballs and never had done it. This week I noticed a lot of leftover rice in the refridgerator and also some ground beef in the freezer. I had cheddar cheese too! Ah, all I needed was time - which I didn't have. But - Kirby did! I kind of pleaded with him and he agreed to make them. What a great job he did! We both love them! This is so simple it would be a good recipe to make with your kids and they will be so proud! Most of the recipes I looked at used uncooked rice. I had rice already cooked that I wanted to use. Guess what? It works just fine!
Give this one a try if you want something simple and easy that is very tasty!
1 pound ground beef
3 cups of cooked rice - give or take some
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning (or use cumin instead for a whole different taste)
1/ 2 tsp salt
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently with your hands. Press into about 6 or 7 balls. Place the balls on a greased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Meatballs can be made early in the day and then baked at supper time. Add some cooking time if they are right from the reefer. Kirby liked these with barbeque sauce but with the cheese, they are really good just as is! Kids love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!