Some of you have asked what our new home looks like on the outside. Would you believe that I haven't taken a picture of the outside? I guess I should care but I am more interested in the floorplan and is the sofa comfortable. So, I went and gathered a couple of stock photos of our new home!
This one really is OUR RV as it is from the dealer's website.
So, on Thursday we will drive to Myrtle Beach, SC and take delivery of our new home. I am so excited! Last weekend we went up there and did the walk-through and learned about every system there is. Kirby will be in heaven. It is just like a boat and every time we head out, we have to have our little checklist of things to secure, put away, lock, check etc. So much to think about until it becomes second nature. There are lots of maintenance things for him to take care of and multiple buttons and nobs. What I like is that it comes with 2 TV's, a stereo and DVD player and surround sound. I have double stainless steel sinks and leather sofa and reclining chairs. The table chairs have seats that lift up with hidden storage in them. There is loads and loads of kitchen storage. Jake will love the fact that at most times he will be able to see both his daddy and his mommy at the same time! It will be hard to be very far away.
So, when we pick it up on Thursday we will go directly to our new home on the other side of Charleston - Oak Plantation RV Park . We plan to spend at least one night aboard or maybe 2. I need help thinking of everything I will need to be happy and comfortable those first 2 days. Sheets, blankets, Tee Pee, dishes, forks, wine, rum, steak knives, barbeque, rum, pillows, towels, wine, wine glasses, charcoal, rum, oh, and ice! Please help me compose my escape list! What do I need? and remember - I am not a rough it person!
We have not named it yet. The truck is Gordy because he is from Punta Gorda. The RV could be Ava but we have a great niece with that name. I kind of like Alice or Allie. Or it could be Myrtle because she comes from Myrtle Beach. What do you think?


Awesome! Do you have your first trip planned? Let me guess, headed west to meet up with Heather and Jimbo...
ReplyDeleteI vote for Myrtle because I know that name from Taft. Growing up, Myrtle was the beautician for Aloha and I think Grandma and great Grandma. Ask Kirby if he remembers. How fun! <3
ReplyDeletePam