Saturday, August 29, 2009

Nova Scotia 2

It is a long way from South Carolina to Kentville, Nova Scotia. Our trip started out very sad as Mollie's 34 year old daughter was killed in an ATV accident just days before we were to leave - taking Mollie with us on our holiday. We decided to leave early and go to Georgia to help Steve and Mollie through the tough first days. There is no way I can express the sorrow we felt for her family, Tobi's husband and 2 children.

It was a heart wrenching time but also uplifting to see Mollie's faith hold her up. And as a benefit of our being there, we made some good new friends and met some of Steve and Mollie's family. We were hosted by Carol and Frank who were neighbors and we had never even met. They were so generous in letting us stay in their beautiful mountain home.

****************************************

After a few days there we headed out - sadly, without Mollie - on our long trek to Canada. I can't even tell you where we spent our nights. We just drove and drove - though beautiful country that I had never seen before. Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine. On our 3rd day we decided to get off the interstate and take Hwy 9 to New Brunswick, Canada.

Kirby stopped at a local Grocery, Post Office, Ice House and I took a couple of pictures -






It was one of the most beautiful drives ever! I loved Maine and just wished it would always be that beautiful and warm. I would move there if that was the case. When we were there on our boat I fell in love with Tenents Harbor - quaint, quiet and gorgeous!

But then it was time to cross the border into Canada. It was easy, easy, easy. Wish I could say the same thing of our coming back into the States....but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!