Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dandelion Wine


Click on the picture to see the larger size

When Kirby was at Aunt Vera's cleaning out her apartment he came across this old picture and recipe for Dandelion Wine and decided to bring it home to me. I love it. If someone out there wants to feel like an old hippy and decides to make this, please let me know how it turns out. I don't ever want to have 2 1/2 quarts of dandelions in my yard!

  • 2 1/2 Quarts dandelion flowers
  • 4 Quarts hot water
  • 4 Lemons, sliced
  • 2 Oranges, sliced
  • 3 Lbs sugar
  • 2 T. granulated yeast

  1. Remove stems from flowers. Place in crock, pour hot water over flowers and let stand for 3 days.
  2. Strain. Dissolve yeast in small amount of cold water.
  3. Add dandelion water, yeast solution, lemons, oranges and sugar.
  4. Cover crock & set in cool, dark place.
  5. Wine is ready to decant when you hear it working; in about 3 weeks.
  6. Strain before decanting.
  7. Makes 4 Quarts

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to pass on this recipe. I will wait with you until someone else let's us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!