Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year's Day Walk

Click on the pictures to enlarge them for better viewing
New Years Day my friend Susan and I needed to get out and take a walk so we headed to a local development that isn't.  What that means is the developers were all ready to start selling off their beautiful lots when the economy tanked.  So there are no homes and there are walk-ways, ponds and beauty all around.  (we selected our lots while we were there!)
 I enjoyed taking pictures with the new lens Kirby gave me for Christmas.  I DIDN'T take Jake which probably surprises you and now I can't remember why!  So, the yellow dogs nor the white dogs are mine.  I just had fun taking their pictures.
We also found a dirt road that lead to "somewhere".  There was a very climbable fence so we scrambled (well, we kind of struggled but scrambled sounds better) over it in no time at all.  After a short walk through the forest we were rewarded with the beautiful marshes that Charleston is noted for.  It was a wonderful way to begin the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!