Sunday, August 7, 2011

Anniversary Celebration

Yesterday we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary.  We headed out for breakfast at our favorite breakfast place only to find that they had closed down.  The sign said that the owner had been transferred - strange.  Now we will miss them and they weren't even there that long.  But they did great eggs, bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy.  Kirby was really upset.  We didn't starve though as we found a new to us place...and it was no where as good.  Too bad.

The day was spent "doing stuff" around the house and then we prepared for our evening on the town.  I took this picture in front of Ray and Diane's house.  They insisted on driving us down and buying us a glass of wine before our dinner.  So off we went to Charleston Place.

It is really hard to get good pictures with a pocket camera in a dark room.  Especially when I forget to turn the flash on.  This was the 4th try.  Sorry Diane, my fault!  Then they delivered us to the door of Coast Seafood and Grill which was a good thing as by that time it was raining.  And it rained all through our delicious dinner and then stopped right when we were ready to walk the city!  The gods were certainly smiling on us!

We walked over to the Francis Marion Hotel for a wedding reception.  Isn't the bride lovely?  Great dress.  The reception was in the lobby of the hotel and I was just beginning to enjoy myself and was headed to the bar when Kirby reminded me that we didn't know the bride or the groom and we hadn't been invited.  I reluctantly departed.  I do love wedding receptions and I think we could have had a really good time - I mean it was exactly 12 years ago that we had our wedding reception!


After the wedding we just wandered the streets, sad that I had missed such a great party!  And just look at this party in the window!  Kirby didn't want to go to that party either!
I thought this window was fun!  It is all decorated in plastic grocery bags.  Clever and cheap.

Fortunately for me we stumbled upon a wine room - O'Hara & Flynn on Meeting Street.  We sat at the bar and had a lovely Shooting Star Zinfandel.

By then we were done but now had to get a taxi to take us home.  We wandered to a hotel which we knew would be a good waiting place and Kirby called Yellow Cab.  I had fifteen minutes to kill - so I took pictures - at night.  Oh, well, not good pictures but I had fun!




2 comments:

  1. I bet the wedding party would have loved to have you join them, once you told them it was your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather, no harm in asking and then toasting them. Congratulations on 12 years!!! Y'all are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!