Saturday, August 13, 2011

Texas Comes to South Carolina

Our friends Ray and Lucy, from San Antonio, arrived yesterday for a holiday.  We immediately began having fun and will continue for a couple more weeks!
 No, Lucy and I did not plan our matching clothes but it sure is cute isn't it!
After dinner we made an appearance at The Cave so everyone could meet these wonderful people we have been talking about for so long.

History - Many, many years ago Kirby lived on his boat in Ventura, CA.  Ray and Lucy arrived on the same dock with their boat and set up housekeeping.  This was all way before Kirby and I met.  They then all sailed down to Mexico and a couple of years later I arrived on the scene. (1997) Yea!  We all sailed around Mexico together and played and had wonderful experiences.  In 2001 Kirby and I left Mexico for the last time.  Ray and Lucy stayed there on their boat but continued to operate their canvas company.  Five years ago they sold their boat and moved to San Antonio and set up a catering company.  They just retired with an RV and headed east.....and here they are.  So, we go back a good long ways together and have never let go of each other!  We visited them last summer on our road trip in July.

3 comments:

  1. Let them know as of Saturday morning it's raining and started the day out in the mid 70's in North Texas, hope this band reaches all the way south to SA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we didn't live on the dock before Ray and Lucy came. And we didn't feed Kirby's kid food and make him tea. And we never let Kirby's kid steal beer out of our boat. I never gave the kid a ride to high school. And I never took same kid to the hospital when he broke his foot. And we didn't go to Mexico either. Oh wait, we aren't there yet. Next week. Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking a minute to comment on my blog! It means a lot to me!